Russian Social Democratic Union of Youth (RSDUY or RSDSM) was established in 2000. RSDUY is a member (with the observer status) of the International Union of Socialist Youth (IUSY) and the European Community Organisation of Socialist Youth (ECOSY). In 2010 RSDUY celebrated its 10 year anniversary.
Directions of activities:
- Participation in political life of the country – political public actions (marches, May Day and other demonstrations, political performances and so on).
- International activities – cooperation with socialist and social democratic youth organizations, development of mutual projects, seminars and conferences.
- Educational – debates, discussions, educational seminars and conferences.
Partners of the RSDUY are organizations of left (“The Union of Social Democrats”, Gorbachev foundation, Plekhanov foundation, Russian Socialistic movement, Institute of globalization and social movements and others) and general democratic orientation (Youth brunch of “Yabloko”, Oborona and so on).
At the international level partners of the RSDUY organizations-members of IUSY, in particular Young Socialists of Georgia, The Union of Young Socialists (Ukraine), “Young social democrats – Maladaya Gramada” (Belarus) and others as well as the international social democratic foundations (Fridriech Ebert Foundation, Alfred Mozer Foundation, Olaf Palme Foundation and others).
Joint resolutions with JUSOS Rheinland Pfalz:
- Resolution on military conflict in South Osetia (August 2008)
- Resolution regarding the assassination of Stanislav Markelov and Anastasia Baburova (January 2009)
Joint declaration with Young Socialists of Georgia:
- Declaration on development of relations between Russia and Georgia (October 2008)
Appeal to the Socialist International:
- Open letter of the Chairman of the RSDUY Evgeny Konovalov to the Socialist International with appeal not to accept Just Russia Party as a member (September 2007).